Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Toilet Gestapo?

So I was at Present Laughter today.  by the way, very good. Kevin Kline is great, and Colby Smothers was very pretty.  All in all a great British drawing room comedy.

Kevin Kline (center) - Colby Smothers (in silver)

Anyway, at the interval I went  to the bathroom with a million other old coots.  Matinee, you know - enlarged prostates and all.

So the line goes down the stairs and at the bottom there is an usher directing traffic. Well this old f*ck (younger than me, but still old) cuts in front of me. Actually, he tries to cut in front of me.

So I hold up my phone, which I am typing on so he can't get in front of me. I don't look up but I say, "Nope. There's a line."

He looks at me and says "What are you, the Toilet Gestapo?"

I was mildly witty and responded "No, the Line Gestapo.  Behind me." But l thought of a million other things to say later.

On my way home I decided I do kind of like the title Toilet Gestapo though. It places like that it is necessary. If not me, then who? If not now, then when?