Thursday, March 16, 2017

The Voice in My Head Have Stopped

It should be no surprise to anyone that I have (had!) voices in my head.

Actually, of course, less "voices" than "a telepathic studio audience of aliens asking insightful questions about human emotions".

In any case, I have (had!) a group of them.

Sometime in the last year or so, they left. Being telepathic, I am sure they didn't go "silent" - I would know. Nope - they're gone. No "good-bye"s. No "thanks for the knowledge, you humans are fucked up". Nothing.

Over 50 years and then zippo (since I was about 5).

I acknowledge that they were super duper helpful in getting through my shit. AND, they were a nice brake on when I was careening off the rails.

Kids, the rails went in for a reason!
It would be great to say that I am no longer careening and so "their work here was done" so to speak. Great, but not entirely correct. Not even mostly correct.



I feel a bit rail-less - and without the bumpers or dividers.

I am annoyed. Which is, I hope, healthy.