Friday, February 17, 2017

This Makes Me Feel Better

So... the world sucks and Donald Trump is depressing and the Congress (which was busy as bees knowing Obama was going to veto things) can't pass anything to save it's life.

ObamaCare. Congress voted to repeal it 60 times when Obama was in The White House, now - they can't find their ass with a map and a compass. They have passed 1 law - ONE. The allowed people that are on disability with mental problems to buy guns. That's progress!

Anyway... I digress.

I sponsor a couple of kids overseas. One is via World Vision and one is via the Christine Nobel Foundation in Ireland. I just got my report on my sponsored child in Mongolia.  He is Chinbat (which must be a common Mongolian name).

He is 11 and in 6th grade. He lives with his Grandmother. The live in a Ger (which I think is a smaller version of a Yurt). My funds take care of his school needs (uniform, supplies, lunches, and maybe fees). He and his grandmother live on her pension and a small amount of government money because his mom died young. They were homeless until recently. His dad is away working in agriculture to make money and send home.

Anyway - I get to help. And it does make me feel better.  Here are pictures of him, grandmother, the Ger and his uniform.  It made me smile...