Friday, December 02, 2016

One Might Wonder Where My Trump Posts Are

One, reading my blog over the years, might wonder where the outrage is over our President-Elect Trump and his policies. To which I can only reply - he is, at least, being honest.

He ran as a vain, insecure, narcissistic sociopath. And he won. As we expected (and his children promised) he is letting Mike Pence - virulent hater of gay men* - do the day to day running of the country (in this case the transition).

A Galapagos Albatross. I do love the coloring on his (or her) undercarriage.

So I have no outrage as Pres. Elect Trump overturns the norms of the country. I have no outrage as Mike Pence and President Elect Trump select the most rabidly anti-Gay, anti-Women's Rights, least informed and out-of-touch Cabinet in history. This is exactly what they promised.  What is to get upset about? I consider it a small victory he isn't grabbing women by the pussy in his victory tour.

This is what a majority of the voters, in a majority of the electoral college voted for. It is truth in advertising.

The only thing I don't respect right now is myself.

I promised myself that if President-Elect Trump was elected I would make Ed purchase an apartment in Spain so we could get some money out and an escape valve before they takes away our passport and our savings. We have agreed to wait until after our new condo closes this spring / summer and I only hope it isn't too late.

Before you laugh that I am over-reacting, our new Vice-President Elect, Mike Pence, believes that homosexuality is a mental disorder and that it can be cured by regressive therapy. His thoughts are explicitly shared by the new Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of Health and Human Services and Secretary of Education. It is also shared by the official Republican Party Platform, which controls the House of Representatives and the Senate. Once you have a majority of the Government who thinks a class of people are mentally ill, what prevents them from freezing our money and our passports - even if only "for our own good"?

But I digress. I don't complain about Trump / Pence because we are getting what the majority of the country voted for. And, again, he never lied about it.

*Mike Pence hates gay men - this isn't an opinion. He himself states that he is a "Christian" first, a conservative second and a Republican third. His brand of Evangelical Christianity believes that homosexuality is a mortal sin. And he has repeatedly supported gay conversion therapy (as does the Republican platform). Gay conversion therapy is a method of trying to beat and electroshock men out of their sexual orientation.
VP Elect Pence thinks we (gay men) are mentally ill sinners. He is not homophobic, as he does not "fear" gay men. He simply thinks we are all mentally ill sinners. He despises us. Many (if not most) of the current cabinet agrees with this position.  The Sec of Defense and  Att. General have explicitly stated the same.